2015 University of San Francisco Spring Music Festival Schedule | Free Concerts, Rock, Jazz, Marching Band, & More
The University of San Francisco and the Performing Arts and Social Justice Music Department are hosting a week long Spring Music Festival May 9-14!
The free concerts feature the Dons Marching Band, Chamber Music, Major and Minor Showcase, Voices 25th Anniversary Concert, Conjunto Folklorico,Rock Band, USF Jazz Band, and Classical Choral Ensembles, along with end-of-the-year dance and theater showcases.
Related Events and Info:
- May: San Francisco May Events, Festivals, Entertainment
- Music Fest: Yerba Buena Gardens Festival Schedule & Info | Free, Outdoor Music, Theatre, Dance, & More
- Music: Golden Gate Park Band Concert Series Schedule | Free, Sundays, April-October
2015 USF Spring Music Festival Info & Schedule:
2015 University of San Francisco Spring Music Festival
May 9-14 | Free
University of San Francisco
More info: www.usfca.edu
Come and enjoy the University of San Francisco’s annual spring showcase of music and performance talent!
Be entertained with varied musical performances and styles such as March, Chamber, Jazz, Rock & Roll, Gospel, Choral Ensembles, Dance, and Theatre!
More info: www.usfca.edu
2015 USF Spring Music Festival Schedule
Saturday, May 9:
- Dons Marching Band | 12 pm | Presentation Theater
An outdoor reverie around campus, with the Dons Band performing arrangements of your favorite pop songs.
- Chamber Music | Sat 5/9 | 2 pm | LM 100
An intimate performance of instrumental art music performed by students in the MUS 111 Chamber Ensemble, directed by Daria D’Andrea
- Music Major Minor Showcase | Sat 5/9 | 7 pm | Presentation Theater
PASJ majors & music minors perform a variety of musical styles and original pieces. Directed by Judith May.
Sunday, May 10:
- Songwriting Showcase | Sun 5/10 | 2 pm | Presentation Theater
Students in Judith May’s Songwriting class present original compositions.
- ASUSF Voices | Sun 5/10 | 7 pm | Presentation Theater |
Five student-produced ensembles (USF Voices, Men’s, Women’s, Jazz and SIX Voices) under the direction of Rick Roberts. Assistant Musical Directors: Sean Gresens ’15 and Lance Fernando ’18
Monday, May 11:
- Gospel Choir | Mon 5/11 | 5 pm | Presentation Theater
The Spiritual Notes Gospel Choir, directed by Derrick Hall, featuring joyful renditions of classic & contemporary gospel music
- Rock Band | Mon 5/11 | 8 pm | Presentation Theater
Rock-n-roll favorites reinterpreted by members of the MUS 111 Rock Band, directed by Mike Fiorentino
Tuesday, May 12:
- Master Class with André de Quadros | Tue 5/12 | 4:30 pm | LM 100
Guest Conductor André de Quadros, who will collaborate with UCCE for the “One Sky, Many Destinies” concert on May 14, presents an open master class for singers
- Jazz Band | Tue 5/12 | 6 pm | Presentation Theater
A variety of jazz standards interpreted by members of the MUS 111 Jazz Band, directed by Pascal Bokar Thiam
- Electric Sound Collective | Tue 5/12 | 7 pm | ED040
Improvisatory electronic music with digitally created & manipulated sounds, directed by Daniel Cullen
Wednesday, May 13:
- Dance Showcase | Wed 5/13 | 6:30 pm | Kathi Gallagher Dance Studio, Koret
Dance technique classes share works
Thursday, May 14:
- University Classical Choral Ensembles | Thu 5/14 | 8 pm | Presentation Theater
“One Sky, Many Destinies” featuring works by Lloyd/Peterson, Barnwell, Conte, Sandström, and Abu-Khader/de Quadros. Directed by Rebecca PN Seeman. Guest Conductor André de Quadros.
- Theater Showcase | 8 pm | Studio Theater
Acting technique classes share works
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sanfranciscopipeline at gmail dot com