Dress up & Get those legs moving! This Sunday is Bay to Breakers, the crown jewel of San Francisco events since 1912 with over 30,000+ people racing (and 100,000+ watching)! Each year the race is a glorious celebration of the human spirit – a giant wave of athleticism, fun, frivolity, and determination flowing across the City from the Bay to the Pacific Ocean.
Bring your costumed, your semi-naked and your beer (try to be discreet) and participate in one of the largest races in America!
Related Events and Info:
- More Events: Our May Events Calendar
- Festival: Yerba Buena Gardens Festival Schedule & Info | Free, Outdoor Music, Theatre, Dance, & More
- Music: University of San Francisco Spring Music Festival Schedule | Free Concerts, Rock, Jazz, Marching Band, & More
- Music: Golden Gate Park Band Concert Series Schedule | Free, Sundays, April-October
Bay to Breakers 2015 Info:
Photo: Bhautik Joshi
Bay to Breakers 2015
Sunday, May 17, 8AM-12:30PM
Howard St. / Hayes St. Hill / Golden Gate Park / Ocean Beach
More info: zapposbaytobreakers.com
San Francisco’s Zappos.com Bay to Breakers is the oldest consecutively run annual footrace in the world, a staple to the City by the Bay since May 1912. With a starting point near the San Francisco Bay, a few blocks from The Embarcadero, the 12K race runs west through the city and finishes at the Great Highway where breakers crash onto the Pacific Coast’s Ocean Beach. A quintessential San Francisco experience for 103 years, the race is interwoven into the fabric of the city and is a true reflection and celebration of life between the breakers and the Bay. The event is free to watch and is almost just as fun!
Here Are Some Not-To-Be-Missed Items:
- Pre-race: Head near Embarcadero Station to get an over-the-top view of everyone in costume racing to the starting line.
- Rival house parties with DJs and dancing typically line Hayes Street before the hill and Fell Street near Ashbury across from the Panhandle.
- Along Alamo Square at the top of Hayes Street Hill: Amazing view of 30,000 people, all climbing Hayes Street.
- Finish Line on the Great Highway
- Free concerts: There are typically bands and DJs set up along the course – bands and locations will be announced closer to the race date.
The Zappos.com Bay to Breakers Finish Line Festival comes to life as runners cross the finish line alongside Ocean Beach following the race. Runners celebrate in front of this iconic backdrop, while connecting with thousands of other finishers enjoying live entertainment and food and beverages.
More info: www.zapposbaytobreakers.com
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sanfranciscopipeline at gmail dot com