Many San Francisco Weekend Events: Renegade Craft Fair, Breastfest Beer Festival, Parties, Music, Movies, & More | July 16-19, 2015
It’s going to be another beautiful weekend in San Francisco & there are tons of Bay Area events including Renegade Craft Fair on Saturday & Sunday, SF Frozen Film Festival all weekend, Oakland Wine Festival on Saturday, Breastfest Beer Festival on Sunday, & so much more! Below is a list of several fun events, and most of them are FREE!
FREE San Francisco: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Featured: San Francisco World Naked Bike Ride: Summer 2015 | “As Bear As You Dare” Mass Bike Ride For A Cause
San Francisco / Bay Area Weekend Events: July 16-19, 2015
All Weekend: SF Frozen Film Festival @ Roxie Theater | Film Screenings, Music & Art Performances, Youth Programming & Awards Ceremonies
The mission for the organization is to help independent filmmakers, youth, and those in under served communities showcase their work. The festival strives to help those with a smaller budget get their work shown to a larger audience. This year’s event features several environmental documentaries, dramatic shorts, and animation. More info.
All Weekend: Free San Francisco Walking Tours: Golden Gate Park, Castro, Chinatown, Excelsior, City Hall, Fisherman’s Wharf, & More
City Guides is a non-profit organization with more than 200 trained volunteers who lead FREE history and architectural walking tours in San Francisco. Walk along the streets, sidewalks, and byways of America’s most beautiful – and fascinating – city! More info.
July 16: Third Thursdays in Yerba Buena | Free, Downtown Art Walk
Third Thursdays in Yerba Buena: a monthly night of art, performance, food and drink in San Francisco’s arts and culture district in downtown San Francisco’s Yerba Buena neighborhood. Free and discounted museum and gallery events, live performances, and extended happy hours throughout the neighborhood. More info.
July 16: Oakland – Slow Ride Sessions @ The Crucible | Free Yoga Class, Tour, Slow Ride To Bars, Third Thursdays, 6:30-9:30PM
Join us on the 3rd Thursday of the month for a free yoga class, tour of The Crucible, & slow ride to a local bar to cheers with your buddies both old and new! We will be FUNdraising for our friends at The Crucible and they will be hosting a raffle for participants with some really swell gear! Join us for one of many monthly community rides and bring your friends! More info.
July 16: Oakland – Piedmont Avenue Stroll | Free, Art Walk, Third Thursdays, 6-9PM
Every 3rd Thursday of the month we invite you all to come out to the Ave to join us in supporting local artists, local independent businesses and community fun. Piedmont Ave. Stroll is in restaurants, stores, cafes and more with art, music, events and more. More info.
July 16: YCBA: Converge Monthly Art Gathering | Free, Music, Art, Performances, Cocktails, Part of Third Thursdays in Yerba Buena
The YBCA:ConVerge series is a free monthly public gathering featuring creative and generative social art practices. ConVerge is where community and innovative multi- and inter-disciplinary arts practices come together in our free and public spaces in a fluid, interactive, experimental format designed to engage audiences. More info.
July 16: Oakland – The Smart Culture Show @ 3rd St. Warehouse | Free Admission & Pizza, 3rd Thursdays
Art themed comedy show held in a warehouse space in the Jack London section of Oakland. Each month, they bring you some of the Bay Area’s best comedians, who will not only tell you jokes, but hilariously dissect the theme at hand. More info.
July 16: San Mateo – Big City Revue @ Central Park | Motown Dance Party, 6-8PM (more info)
July 16-19: Pablo Francisco @ Cobb’s Comedy Clubb | Stand-up Comedy (more info)
July 17: San Jose – San Jose Bike Party | Free, Group Bike Ride, 8PM, Third Fridays (more info)
July 17: Santa Cruz – Berlin Featuring Terri Nunn | Free Friday Night Bands On The Beach (more info)
July 17: Oakland – Jack’s Night Market @ Jack London Square | Free, Artisans, Music, Food, Street Performers
This special evening lights up the Oakland waterfront with an eclectic mix of artisans, music, food and fun. From local crafts and designers to area fruit purveyors and street performers, this vibrant outdoor bazaar will celebrate all that is Oakland. More info.
July 18: Midnight Mystery Ride SF Chapter | Free, Group Bike Ride Every Third Saturday
Participants are expected to a) meet at a local bar, b) depart for a ride at midnight, c) bring provisions for sharing at ride destination, and d) be awesome. Ride start location will be posted to our website the day of the ride. Only the ride leader knows where we’re going so bring your sense of adventure. Rides are strictly no rider left behind and generally around 5 miles. More info.
July 18: The Queen is Dead @ Milk Bar, Haight St | $5, Third Saturday Dance Party
A monthly tribute party for the music of Morrissey and The Smiths every third Saturday at Milk Bar! More info.
July 18: Oakland – Oakland Wine Festival @ Mills College | Wine Classes, Seminars, Panels, Luncheon & Dinner, Events All Day
This distinguished event invites wine savvy consumers from the Greater Bay Area to enjoy outstanding hospitality with fellow wine and food enthusiasts. More info.
July 18: Oakland – “Swap-O-Rama-Rama” DIY Workshop & Clothing Swap @ American Steel Studios | Free, 4PM
Swap-O-Rama-Rama is the world’s largest clothing swap! Also included is a series of DIY craft and sewing workshops through which a community explores creativity and reuse. More info.
July 18-19: Renegade Craft Fair @ Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion | Free, Handmade Wares, DIY Workshops, Shopping
Features a thoughtfully curated selection of today’s finest independent Makers. Attendees will partake in an exciting weekend of shopping for handmade wares, participating in DIY workshops, and exploring installations and activities with some of the best indie makers around. More info.
July 19: Stern Grove Festival @ Sigmund Stern Grove | Free Concerts In The Park, 2PM, Sundays
This year the Stern Grove Festival in San Francisco celebrates its 78th anniversary. The 2015 season lasts from June 14 to August 16. Every Sunday at 2pm, you will find a free concert in the park. The shows usually last two to three hours and are wildly popular. Some of last year’s artists included Smokey Robinson, Patti Austin and the Funky Meters. More info.
July 19: Oakland – Circus Bella Free Performance @ Diamond Park, 12PM
Circus Bella is a full-force, non-stop 60-minute kaleidoscope of thrilling feats of balance and strength, elegance demonstrations of grace and poise, and outrageous humor of slapstick antics. The circus showcases static trapeze, rope walking, a 9-person juggling act, contortion, hula hoop, original clowning and more. More info.
July 19: San Rafael – Breastfest Beer Festival @ Fairground Island | Fundraiser, Beer Tasting, Food, Live Music, Raffle, $55, Noon-4PM
Buy your ticket to the annual Breastfest and get endless eats, bottomless cups and live music. Proceeds will benefit low-income women with breast cancer. More info.
Bay Area Weekly Events:
- Thursdays: NightLife @ California Academy of Sciences | 6-10PM, $12, Science & Cocktails (more info)
- Thursdays: Stand Up Comedy @ PianoFight | ‘Oh the Humanity’ 60 Minutes, $10 (more info)
- Thursdays: Off the Grid: Twilight at the Presidio | April 2-October 29, Food Trucks, Live Music, Cocktails, Cabanas (more info)
- Thursdays: Mission Community Market @ Bartlett & 22nd | Open-air Marketplace, 4-8PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Trivia Night @ The New Parkway Theater | Free, 7:30PM (more info)
- Thursdays: Berkeley – Bear Country Funk @ The Starry Plough | Live Soul, Hip Hop, & Latin Dance Party (more info)
- Fridays: Oakland – Dancing Under The Stars @ Jack London Square | Free, Dance Lessons & Party, 8:30-10PM (more info)
- Fridays: “Off the Grid” Friday Night Food Truck Party @ Fort Mason | Free, 30+ Food Vendors, Cocktails, Wine & Beer, Live Music (more info)
- Fridays: Free Vegetarian Supper Club @ St John the Evangelist | 2nd & 4th Fridays, 6-9PM, 6-9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Midnight Rollers Friday Night Skate @ The Ferry Building On the Embarcadero | Music, Roller Skating, Free, 9PM (more info)
- Fridays: Berkeley – Flash Back Friday Movie Night @ Hotel Durant | Unique Hotel Setting, Complimentary Soda & Popcorn, 8PM (more info)
- Fridays: Queer Fridays @ El Rio | Live Music Series, Free, 10PM (more info)
- Fridays: Hunny Bunny & Her Hot Toddies @ Skylark Bar | Free Burlesque & Variety Show, Drinks, Dancing, DJs (more info)
- Fridays: Your F!#&ed Up Relationship @ Stage Werx Theatre | Free, Improv Show, 10:30-Midnight
- Saturdays: Fillmore Farmers’ Market @ O’Farrell at Fillmore & Fillmore Center Plaza | Year-Round, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Berkeley – Laugh Function @ Pappy’s Bar & Grill | Live Comedy, 8:30-10:30PM (more info)
- Saturdays: Yoga In The Park @ Big Rec Baseball Field In Golden Gate Park | 11AM (mo
- Sundays: Divisadero Farmers’ Market @ Grove Street | Year-Round Market, 10AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Glen Park Village Farmers’ Market @ Parking lot of the Glen Park BART Station | March 29-Nov 29, 10AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Off the Grid: Picnic at the Presidio @ Main Post Lawn | March 1-Nov 1, Great Views of the Bay, Food Carts, Drinks, Music (more info)
- Sundays: Lindy in the Park @ Golden Gate Park | Free Swing Dance Party, Year-Round, 11AM-2PM (more info)
- Sundays: Inner Sunset Farmers’ Market @ In the Parking Lot between 8th and 9th Avenue | Year-Round, 9AM-1PM (more info)
- Sundays: Skatin’ Place @ 6th Avenue & Kennedy Drive in Golden Gate Park | Free, Family-Friendly Roller Skating, 12-5PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free BBQ @ Benders Bar & Grill | Free Burgers, Stiff Drinks, 2-7PM (more info)
- Sundays: Free BBQ @ Molotov’s | Free food, Drinks, Retro Pinball, 3PM (more info)
- Sundays: Electric Squeezebox Orchestra @ Doc’s Lab | Free Big Band Concert, 6PM (more info)
- July: Our July Events Calendar
- September 4-7: Labor Day Labor Day Weekend Events: Concerts, Festivals, Parties, Food & Drink
Newsletter: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Submit events: If you would like to submit events for our calendar, please email us at sanfranciscopipeline at gmail dot com