Come together with fellow Deadheads & celebrate Jerry Garcia’s legacy at Jerry Day 2015! Jam out to live music from an eclectic mix of performers including several who played with Jerry Garcia Band in the ’80s and ’90s! More info below.
FREE San Francisco: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Related Events and Info:
- Art: 2015 San Francisco Chocolate & Art Show @ SOMArts Cultural Center | Art & Photography Show, Free Choclate, Live Music, Body Painting & More!
- Festival: 2015 PICA Aloha Festival In San Mateo This Weekend | Free, Family-Friendly, Pacific Islander Festival Of Arts
- Movies: 2015 Free San Francisco Waterfront Flicks @ Jack London Square | Schedule, June-August
- Movies: SF Indie’s 2015 Outdoor Summer Movies in McCoppin Hub Plaza | Free, Ghostbusters, Better Off Dead, & More
Jerry Day 2015 Info:
Jerry Day 2015
August 2, 11AM-6PM | Free
Jerry Garcia Amphitheater / McLaren Park
More info: jerryday.org
Jerry Day is a civic and cultural event that celebrates one of the greatest rock guitarists of all time and San Francisco native son – Jerry Garcia. This event captures the true spirit of Jerry Garcia as we celebrate his legacy, the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater, and recognize his Excelsior roots.
By uniting the diverse communities of San Francisco through Jerry’s music, we are creating something extraordinary for Jerry’s childhood neighborhood – the Excelsior District, McLaren Park, and the City and County of San Francisco.
In addition to this, we expose thousands of residents, youth, and travelers to various forms of art through music, art, and cultural history; while still staying true and authentic to Jerry’s art, music, and his Excelsior roots.
2015 Jerry Day Music Lineup:
- 11:30 am: Check Engine Acoustic
- 12 pm: Terrapin Family Band – Formed spontaneously through many wild jams at Phil Lesh’s Terrapin Crossroads, the Terrapin Family Band has become the venue’s official House Band. Terrapin Crossroads’ constant free bar shows, often featuring Phil on bass when he feels like playing, created an opportunity for the musicians of the Terrapin Crossroads’ family to perform together and with a diverse cast of visiting musicians.
- 1 pm: Melvin Seals and JGB has been a powerful presence in the music industry for over 30 years with a long-established reputation as a performer, recording artist, and producer. Melvin is most revered for his powerful, high-spirited, Hammond B-3 organ, and keyboards in the Jerry Garcia Band. Melvin spun his B-3 magic with the Jerry Garcia Band for 18 years and in doing so helped pioneer and define what has now become “Jam Band Music.”
- 3:30 pm: Stu Allen & Mars Hotel, a tribute band based out of the San Francisco Bay Area, emulates the feel, excitement, and energy of the Grateful Dead at their peak. Filled with jam band veterans and Grateful Dead enthusiasts, this band is sure to please even the most discriminating dead-head.
More info: jerryday.org