2015 San Francisco New Year’s Eve Events: Ride Muni Free on NYE | Complimentary Public Transportation Service, DEC 31, 8PM-JAN 1, 5AM
Stay safe and have fun this New Year’s Eve while taking advantage of Muni’s Free Ride Service being offered from 8PM through 5AM Friday morning! More info below.
FREE San Francisco: Subscribe to our email newsletter of San Francisco events, festivals, specials, & GIVEAWAYS!
Related Events and Info:
- January: Our January Events Calendar
- Holidays: Winter Walk SF @ Union Square | Pop-Up Plaza with Carolers & Live Music, Nightly 3D Light Shows, Food Trucks, & More, Nov 27-Jan 1
- Holidays: Macy’s Holiday Windows | Featuring SF SPCA Adoptable Animals, w/ Snoopy & Children’s Choir
- New Year’s: San Francisco New Years Parties, Events, Champagne Toasts, & More
2015 Ride Muni Free on New Year’s Eve Info:
2015 Ride Muni Free on New Year’s Eve
December 31 8PM – January 1 5AM | Free
More info: sfmta.com
For the 16th consecutive year, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA) will offer free rides on New Year’s Eve from 8PM on Thursday, December 31 through 5AM. on Friday, January 1.
Please do not tag your Clipper® card during the complimentary service period. If you tag it, your card will be charged.
At midnight, there will be a city-sponsored fireworks show from a barge off of The Embarcadero, south of the Ferry Building. Motorists should anticipate delays in the area from approximately 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. No closures or reroutes are planned. The SFPD and SFMTA will monitor for any necessary reroutes.
NEW YEAR’S EVE MUNI SERVICE
- Complimentary Muni service 8 pm, Dec. 31, to 5 am, Jan. 1
- Please do not tag your Clipper® card during the complimentary service (if you use this type of card)
- Muni Metro service all night
- between West Portal and Embarcadero stations until 4 am
- to 4th and King streets until 2:15 am
- No early shutdown. The Blue Light Emergency Telephone and Radio System Replacement Projects that are taking placing nightly in the subway will be suspended on New Year’s Eve. The Blue Light night work will resume on January 1, 2016.
- Service on the F Market historic streetcar line is provided by buses after approximately 4 pm
- Service on the Cable Cars is provided by buses after approximately 8 pm
- Extra Owl service (1 a.m. to 5 a.m.): 5 Fulton, 14 Mission, 22 Fillmore, 24 Divisadero, 38 Geary, 90 and 91 Owl and the L and N Owl bus routes
- Extra 1-California Route service between Drumm Street and Presidio Avenue from 6 pm to 2 am
- Reroutes are not scheduled. The following routes will reroute only if needed:
- Downtown: 1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 14, 14-Owl, 21, 31, 38, L-Owl, N-Owl, F, all cable cars
- North Beach: 8, 10, 12
- Cow Hollow: 45
- Castro: 24, 35
- Late night transit services will also be available from our regional transit partners: AC Transit, BART andSamTrans
The following information is being provided as a courtesy and is subject to change. Please check the BART website for current information.
BART will run a normal weekday evening service schedule which will extend until 3 am. Trains will run every 20 minutes after midnight with extra trains standing by in downtown San Francisco after the fireworks show.
Station “Skip-Stop” Plan beginning at 8:00 p.m:
- Pittsburg/Bay Point and Richmond lines will stop at Montgomery Station both arriving and departing SF; trains skip Embarcadero Station
- Dublin/Pleasanton and Fremont passengers will stop at Embarcadero Station both arriving and departing SF; trains skip Montgomery Station
- Post event, the first east bay stop will be at Lake Merritt Station; trains skip West Oakland
- Millbrae and Daly City trains will make all stops in SF, but passengers will board/alight at Montgomery Station after the fireworks
Last trains from Embarcadero: To Dublin/Pleasanton at 3:16 a.m.
Last trains from Montgomery: To Pittsburg/Baypoint at 3:24 a.m.; To Millbrae at 3:32a.m.; To SF Airport at 4:04 a.m.
More info: sfmta.com