- Post A Job: Email info to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Twitter: @FriscoJobs
- Facebook: /San-Francisco-Jobs
- Portland Jobs: Find Portland jobs at PDXPipeline.com/Jobs
- Seattle Jobs: Find Seattle jobs at SeattlePipeline.com/Jobs
Seeking Trainees to become Arborist-Climber
Location: San Francisco
Posting Date: August 9, 2015
More info: Apply Here
Introduction to a Rewarding Opportunity with Arborist Now, Inc.
Requirements & responsibilities:
- Ideally seeking sufficiently-skilled pruners with willing attitude who have the desire to learn how to climb to enhance their skill set(s) and advance in a rewarding and very-open career as a climber. They will begin with small-to-medium trees, street trees.
- Candidates need to be open and willing to learn and adopt the Arborist Now standard(s) of tree climbing and arborist techniques.
- We offer quick training with small climbing tools (single rope, simple harness, lanyards) for small-medium tree, street trees.
- Immediate opening for qualified candidates.
- We will pay for climbing equipment, PPE’s and cutting tools (only at start of employment) and completion of training program.
- The first step is, an exam after 3 months training to become arborist-climber, which is needed to pass to get ISA certification. Both climbing and ISA certification is needed.
- Salary starts at $18/hour. Once the first exam is passed, the best candidates will obtain the title of Arborist-Climber – one who has both received their ISA Certification and successfully completed the 3 month practical climber training with Arborist Now.
- There is the possibility for Arborist Now to cancel a training program before the term is complete for candidates whose abilities are not sufficient or for other related reasons.
- Training is done while working with trainers. Separated training session will occur at the warehouse for specific climbing/safety aspects.
Are YOU the Right Candidate?
Candidate must meet minimum requirements (please note, that no consideration will be given to those who don’t have minimum requirements).
- 2 years minimum experience in landscaping/gardening/arboriculture fields or other related fields
- Good understanding of basic plant biology and pruning
- Certificate(s) or certifications, or additional experience relating in any way to arboriculture or the interest of arboriculture
- Professional and personal references
- ISA arborist certification or willing to take the test within 3 months (training period)
- Valid CA driver license
- Letter of motivation/interest
- Fluent English
- Displayed interest for the Urban forestry and trees
To be part of our great company with benefits and a retirement plan, submit your resume email@example.com.
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on San Francisco Pipeline!