- Post A Job: Email info to email@example.com
- Jobs Newsletter: Sign up here to receive our weekly jobs newsletter.
- Twitter: @FriscoJobs
- Facebook: /San-Francisco-Jobs
- Portland Jobs: Find Portland jobs at PDXPipeline.com/Jobs
- Seattle Jobs: Find Seattle jobs at SeattlePipeline.com/Jobs
Sr. iOS Engineer
Posting Date: August 9, 2015
More info: Apply Here
We’re North America’s largest personal drone company, known for pioneering advanced and easy-to-use consumer drone technology, and for the Pixhawk, the world’s most popular autopilot platform. We’re also an all-around awesome, super exciting place to work. Help us define the next wave of flying machines! These products are totally changing the way we see our world, understand our environment, and get things done. THIS IS ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS HAPPENING ON THE PLANET RIGHT NOW – JOIN US! ALL CAPS!
Yes, this is a position in a startup!
We’re well funded, and we can pay you. But if the two main priorities in your life are inherent security and the ability to rely on things planned months ahead, please stop reading this now and do something else. If curiosity, resilience and clear sense of individual responsibility get you going, please continue reading. You’ll find and we expect a sense of truthfulness (towards oneself, each other and reality, learned the hard way), being demanding (is this the best you can do?) as well as extensiveness (have fun really grasping things in their entirety).
We’re looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to help us write mobile apps that interact with (and increasingly define) our drones. Features we’re looking to add for our users include video processing, connectivity with hardware, and making the front end as beautiful and user-friendly as possible.
Specifics responsibilities you’ll take on include:
* Contributing to the design of next-generation products
* Making magic: getting complex high-level code interacting with ultra-constrained hardware
* Designing test rigs for your work to ensure your mobile app plays nice with the vehicle
* Debugging patiently, documenting efficiently, refactoring smartly, and pushing hard for testing and quality
* Iterating, iterating, iterating
* Continue defining your role as we grow
Our Ideal Candidate:
* 5+ years of software development experience
* iOS development experience – enough so you can hit the ground running writing apps with us
* An undergrad degree in computer science or similar (multidisciplinary, weird minors, and circuitous careers a plus)
* Familiarity with mobile UI design patterns
* Experience with video systems and graphics optimization
* Experience with versioning systems like git or svn
* Is down with TDD, BDD, or whatever methodology it takes to keep our system solid
* Is pro-active, detailed, communicative and organized – you take pride in your work
Bonus Points for:
* Mobile development experience in Android
* Signal processing and pattern recognition techniques
* Computer vision
* You’ve made solid contributions to an open source flight code project
* Designing and developing APIs
* Basic EE skills
* Graduate degree
Why you should work here:
* We’ll trust you to do things right
* You’d be getting in early in a company going through a massive inflection point
* You’ll feel satisfied that you’re creating something that people love
* We are working on something awesome! Join us!
* We’ll pay you a competitive salary plus equity, along with all the traditional benefits and some not-so-traditional ones, like a vacation policy that’s on the honor system
Applying for this position?
Let them know you found it on San Francisco Pipeline!